[OR-Announce] [ICPSR] PhD Students added to NAHDAP Student Research Paper Competition; Deadline Nearing
The National Addiction and HIV Data Archive Program (NAHDAP) is expanding its Research Paper Competition to allow submissions from PhD students. The purpose of the competition is to highlight exemplary research papers on topics related to addiction and HIV that are based on quantitative analysis.
Eligibility criteria for the NAHDAP competition now include:
- Current PhD, master's, or undergraduate students, or recent graduates who graduated on or after April 1, 2013
- From ICPSR member or nonmember institutions
- From the US or outside the US
- The paper must be on the topic of drug addiction or HIV, and students are encouraged to use these data released by the National Addiction and HIV Data Archive Program.
Don't miss the deadline!
The January 31, 2014, submission deadline for the NAHDAP competition and the other ICPSR Student Research Paper Competitions is approaching rapidly.
The other competitions are: (view eligibility criteria)
- ICPSR Research Paper Competition, for analyses on any topic using data from the ICPSR Archive or Thematic Collections. Separate undergraduate and master’s prizes
- IFSS Research Paper Competition, for analyses on any topic using Integrated Fertility Survey Series data.
- RCMD Research Paper Competition, for analyses on issues of minorities and immigrants in the US, using data from the Resource Center for Minority Data.
Awards: $1,000 for first place and $750 for second place, and publication on the ICPSR Research Paper Competition Winners website and in a special edition of the ICPSR Bulletin for the first-place winners.
Visit the ICPSR's Research Paper Competition website for details and Entry Forms.
Selected Studies for NAHDAP Contest
Research Paper Competition Page
Research Paper Competition Winners
Research Paper Competition Flyer